Wick parsons dating
ted danson dating
In 1885, he moved the company to Ottumwa, IA and in 1891, the Hardsocg Manufacturing Co. Within a few years the company had dramatically expanded and owned and operated other companies specializing in mining equipment - the Union Shovel Co., West Virginia Handle Co., Automatic Mine Door Co., Hardsocg Wonder Drill Co. Their top of the line products carried the “ was awarded to Edward J. Mason invented a method of mass-producing metal screw caps.Each was married with children and John was listed as a tinsmith while his brother James was listed as a tinware hardware dealer in Plymouth. granted April 7, 1908 to Charles Murray, Treverton, PA, who assigned one-half the patent to Charles O’Connor thus the M & O name, marked on cap PAT. I also have a Rollins patent design lamp marked M&embossed lettering on the font. The Nail City brand name comes from the fact that Wheeling, West Virginia was long known as the Nail City. The remaining tallow in the lamp would remain non-liquid and thus would not spill out as the miner moved his head and the lamp during mining activity. Smythe June 4, 1878 and addressed the problem of leakage of hot oil from the burner tube or around the filler cap when the miner tilted his head downward or sideways; design divided the inside of the lamp into an upper and lower chamber; the lower chamber was filled by a separate filler tube on the font with the high-mounted burner tube coming from the upper chamber; the flow of oil was controlled by a small wick from the lower chamber to the large wick of the upper chamber; lamp was manufactured by J. , it has a copper heat accumulator in and on tip of spout with flip up ring, produced with black Japanned finish. Headquartered in What Cheer, Iowa, the company continued to expand its drill business and in the late 1890s, one of the Thompsons left the business and the company was renamed the What Cheer Drill and Miner's Tool Co. Walker held 17 patents for coal drilling machines and the company was marketing its products to every coal mining state in the U. Sometime during this time period, the company included an oilwick lamp marked THOMPSON & WALKER in its product line. It appears that at least some of the marked lamps were produced by the Grier Bros. The company also listed a What Cheer carbide cap lamp product sometime in the late teens that was a private label stamping of a Grier Bros. The front side is marked with a red and white What Cheer Tool Co.Greer and Laing was a wholesale hardware business in Wheeling, West Virginia. with the construction following the patent filed by Scott Hammond of Freeport, IL and awarded as patent No. The Hammond patent describes a lamp whereby the body and spout are cast in one piece with cast ears adjacent to the upper end of the body to which the cast lid is pivotally secured; a cast socket on the side of the body is used to attach a hook. A second model steel lamp has two tin discs at the end of the spout, discs are attached to a copper strip running down the spout and across the base to heat sunshine fuel, marked on lid . paper label applied over a raised logo lettering of "Diamond Trade Mark." As the company's business in mining drills declined in the early 1920s, the What Cheer firm entered the automobile business with seemingly little success. Winfield patent oil wick lamp is one of but a very few wick lamps with screw lids. In, 1901, Handlan changed the firm's name to the Handlan-Buck Manufacturing Co. While brothers Hugh and Louis Demmler started their business in Pittsburgh in 1860, they entered the miners’ wick lamp business in 1889 advertising Demmler Bros. The Demmlers were unable to acquire the trademark so the stamping on Demmler lamps was changed to side by side stampings of CHIRRY with a four-quartered circle in between the names. The Crown label lamps were made in a large number of models. Mason's patent expired in 1875 and many other companies began manufacturing fruit jars around that time.